A new beginning

                 
Source: Google Images
    

I feel free for I have gotten rid of the thing that was suffocating me to death;my hypocrisy of pursuing a course that I wasn't passionate about-Dentistry.The cause for My Melancholy.
I managed to convince my way around to enrol myself for a Psychology Course in a reputed college.What amazes me was the hullabaloo that surrounded and progressed with my course of action!
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to let go of everything that you always wanted right after getting it? (Especially when you least expected to get it in the first place) Just because it wasn't all that you thought or dreamed that it would be,for it just wasn't worth the sources and efforts?!
Well,this was the tight spot that I was in a couple of days ago...
I applied to a reputed college in Chennai for B.Sc-Psychology and even got accepted. (BINGO!)
It isn't like B.Sc-Psychology wasn't available in Bangalore,it is just that Chennai had a few more perks (or so I thought) like the reputation of Madras University (Thousand times better than the one that Bangalore University holds),Transfer Programmes etc.But turns out,that wasn't the entire story...
The college had kept crucial information about the accommodation facilities,Exchange Programme etc. under wraps.Luckily for me,I got to converse with the localites present there before the payment of my non-refundable fees and found that,frankly speaking,there wasn't anything really very extraordinary about the college and the perks that I had heard of (Foreign Exchange Progamme,Reputation of the Institute etc.).It didn't actually account to much,and the price charged for accommodation was way-too-much when compared to my college tuition fee (someone please enlighten me about the purpose of going to college.Is it learning or lounging in the hostel dorms?To top that,it was for absolutely nothing!!(Four girls in a single room?! Sloppy food,Local Guardian is a must,no visitors,only two localites are allowed to visit-they must carry the identity cards issued to them and clearly state the purpose of their visit,visitors allowed only with prior permission,no introducing your friends to the occasional visitors...You have got to be kidding me!!The cherry on top of all this was the fact that my folks and friends weren't all that thrilled with me studying away from home! 
All these reasons made me think twice about joining that college and served as a pedestal that elevated my view about it and helped me change my mind!
Sooooo,with all this in my head and with the realisation that this step wasn't actually necessary nor worth it,I decided to let it go...
But life is sure damn adamant to make things harder for you-The college wasn't ready to let me go and treated me like royality by giving me unwanted extensions and a lot of crap;My dad washed his hands clean saying that it is upto me to choose and that he is game for anything and that I shouldn't blame my parents in the future...yada yada;the goddamn horrible weather (Bangaloreans can never really get adjusted anywhere else can they?!);hunger and tiredness;the list is endless...
I must have made a dozen calls to a dozen people in half an hour and finally,I decided with a firm mind to give it up.Gosh!That wasn't easy!My eyes stung with tears!
Just the previous evening before my interview,I was nervous to death thinking that I wouldn't land the seat;never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would get the seat and instant love and recognition from the college and will have to painfully give it all up!
Life is so queer!
But...on the bright side,it was one of the best experiences that I never asked for!
I realised the value of the unconditional love and support that my parents shower on me and though I might be bad at expressing it,they should know that every tiny little thing that they have done hasn't gone unnoticed,that I don't wish to trouble them and that no matter what-I Love Them to the core and will definitely make them proud!
At the end,on our way back to the hotel,my dad told me-"I know that wasn't easy for you but now I know that my daughter is really mature to take the right decisions at the right time and I am proud of her.When I see people's attitude towards you,I know that it is so refined because you carry yourself like that!Thank you for saving my money!I am proud of you!"
This and the fact that we left for Namma Bengaluru at the earliest left me grinning and yet brought tears to my eyes.
So,I rephrase-"Life is strange yet beautiful and the dots can only be connected looking backwards."
Thus, a new Dawn awaits me...



Comments

Popular Posts