The rise of the phoenix!

Source: Google Images

Phoenixes have always fascinated me!These mythological,majestic birds are reborn from their own ashes,every time they die.
It is a remarkable thing to show such resilience!
My first encounter with this mystical bird was in Harry Potter (Ah!Those wonderful days of childhood!The long vacations I spent wishing I was at Hogwarts as I read about Harry,Ron and Hermoine and their magical adventures!)
Headmaster Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore (All I need is an excuse to use his full name) had a pet Phoenix named 'Fawkes' and what a loyal companion the bird was!
Not only are Phoenixes reborn from their ashes upon their death,their tears have Healing Powers-known to heal all kinds of wounds (even nullify the effect of basilisk venom).Also,they are extremely loyal to their owners. 
A Phoenix is a true personification of strength,courage,bravery,resilience,acceptance,dignity,love and loyalty!
Now,why am I writing about Phoenixes?!
Retrospection and Introspection are necessary tools for personal growth.Lately,my mood has been more than dandy,my days are just splendid;the reason is that I have finally found 'Inner Peace' and today something just hit me like a bolt of lightning out of the blue!I took a moment to travel back into my past,to this exact same time last year-only to realize how much I have changed and grown!How I have finally broken free of the shackles that held me back!
I feel Liberated,whole and fixed!
I have finally gotten over my First Love and First Heartbreak!Amen to that!I don't even care if there are any scars-for they only show that I finally won the battle!
I have re-triggered my passion. I am looking for ways to connect back to my "original" dream of Psychiatry. From choosing a course that wasn't my cup of tea to giving up on colleges that seemed like a dream,I have ridden the waves to finally emerge ashore.Progress is on track.
I feel astoundingly peaceful-I can actually feel the powers of the Universe working together in my favour.It is like I am afloat in this Powerful field of Energy!
I can also owe this to the fact that I decided to resign as the "General Manager of my Universe". I always believed in making things happen;now I know that Life is a subtle balance between "Making Things Happen and Letting Things Happen"
I deeply wish more people could feel this serenity!
I am extremely grateful to the ones who stood by me in rain and sunshine!Thank you!
On this note,I think it would be safe to compare myself to a Phoenix!I have fought valiantly (for years!) to overcome all the things that have held me down!I have been in the deepest of valleys and have made the climb upwards!I know I have been very fortunate-I wasn't dealt with the worst hand;it was a tough and challenging hand,nevertheless.
And now I have finally understood an important lesson advocated in 'Kung-fu Panda':
"There is NO Secret Ingredient,It is only YOU!You are all you've got,right till the end of time!"
I know the future is frightening...I mean,it is the book of my life that I am writing!But I can't let fear rule me;I decide to function out of Faith.I choose to believe that things will work out,everything will be okay...maybe not today,but eventually!
I understand that,"Yesterday is History,Tomorrow is Mystery,Today is a Gift,that's why it is called The Present."
And no matter how hard it gets,I am confident that I will find a way or make one;I have already been through hell,not only will I survive but I will win!
Thus...

She rises again like a Phoenix!









I also found this bit by Albert Camus rather inspiring!



Comments

Popular Posts